Artist-in-residence | Current location : Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Fayzah is a versatile multi-disciplinary artist, who is deeply connected to the roots, soul, & cultures of her honed dance styles.
As a professional dancer, she has been invited to teach master classes, workshops, and perform all over Asia, Europe, N. & S. America, the Caribbean, Canada, & S. Africa, for over a decade.
Her principle styles include Afro-Latin based Dances (Tango, Salsa roots, Bellydance, Tribal-Fusion, African, Street Styles / Urban, Dancehall, Heels).
Fayzah grew up training classical dance from a very young age (Ballet, Jazz, and Modern Dance). She later lived in respective countries where her principal dance styles originated and honed what would become her main dance styles.
As a performer she sees dance as a moving painting and opportunity to tell a story. Her inspirations are music and nature. Her choreographic works have included magic and illusions, and she is known for some of her unique and fantastical costuming from some of her past repertoire.
While living in NYC she was a principle dancer with Dance Companies :
• Neville Dance Theater
• Bellyqueen Dance Company
• Tango For All Dance Company
Notable mentions :
• Fayzah holds a teaching certification in Middle Eastern Dance Arts
• She co founded Tango Puerto Rico in 2013
• She is the star and creator of two, 2 hour full length instructional DVDs produced by World Dance NYC (Fluid Tribal & Android Goddess)
• Creator of Tango-Bellydance Fusion
• Creator of Fire-Tango
• She is a fire breather/eater
• Master at creative use of finger cymbals and musicality / musicianship
• Has trained extensively in Brazilian martial art Capoeria
• Fayzah has performed for the likes of celebrities such as John Legend, and shared the stage with Wyclef Jean
• Fayzah coached performing artist Kenichi Ebina in Wings, before he went on to be the winner of the eight season of America’s Got Talent
• Former DJ
Teaching credits include :
• Broadway Dance Center
• Perry Dance
• Djoniba Dance and Drum Centre
• Dardo Galleto Studios
• San Francisco Tango Exchange
She guarantees her students getting to higher levels of dancing faster by sharing information generously, and skillfully tricking her students into executing movements they thought impossible, through her unique and effective teaching method.
She focuses on connection, getting people more into their bodies and out of their heads, breaking down the mechanics of movement, and creating fun and playful learning environments.
She offers classes from both a technical perspective and healing / wellness perspective. In addition to dance she also teaches Personal Development courses, getting people out of their comfort zones to expand their edges of personal freedom and possibility.